You can save precious water by following these water saving tips developed by the Southern Nevada Water Authority:
- Consider opportunities to conduct your activities indoors where air conditioning is already in use.
- For commercial applications, divide the misters into groups that can be independently controlled. No sense operating many nozzles where just a few can do the job.
- Turn off the misters when nobody is present. You may want to consider a timer or sensor device.
- Use trees and other shade structures to keep outdoor areas naturally cooler.
- Turn off the misters when winds are whisking the mist and cooled air away before it can reach you.
- Don't use misters when outdoor temperatures are moderate.
- Don't use misters during periods of high humidity — they don't work well in those conditions.
- Don't use mist systems for aesthetic purposes, such as creating fog-like special effects in outdoor landscapes.
“Misting Systems” Southern Nevada Water Authority. Accessed May 23, 2003. Permission granted.